Dead in Wawa is a one-act dark comedy written by Griffin McInnes. Set in a Northern Ontario graveyard, two hapless drug dealers attempt to bury a body before being interrupted by a distraught visitor.
- Workshop and Performance, University of King's College Theatrical Society, 2010
- Performance, Theatre on the Edge Festival, Saint John Theatre Company, 2013
- Winner, Norma Epstein National Writing Competition, Play 2011, University of Toronto
- Second Prize, Atlantic Writing Competition, Best Play 2011, presented by the Writers Federation of Nova Scotia, Theatre Nova Scotia, and Playwrights’ Atlantic Resource Centre.
The play’s first workshop and performance was produced by the University of King's College Theatrical Society in Halifax, 2010. The original cast and creative team were:
- Director/Playwright: Griffin McInnes
- Stage Manager: David Etherington
- Producer: Meghan Borthwick
- Jimmy: Eric Cunningham
- Pete: Jonathan Carroll
- Harry: Lewis Wynne-Jones